Thursday, September 30, 2010

Daycare already?

13 weeks...and I guess I expected to magically wake up on Monday and the m/s to be gone. Boy was I wrong. If anything it has been worse this week. Monday J and I had an appt at a daycare to tour the facilities. Well right before I was to leave, I threw up my lunch...called J to see if he could go alone but he was running late. So I show up looking like crap and midway through the tour I start to feel really faint, so I ran to the car, put my feet up, and put the a/c on blast while slowing eating some cheerios, leaving J to fend for himself. It was not a good day. However, the daycare was pristinely clean and very professional. Doesn't hurt either that most of the staff are from the Big Ten either. It was the most expensive daycare and doesn't have an opening until July, which would cause me to take a whole month of maternity leave unpaid.
Today I toured 2 other daycares (J was too busy at work). One place was country, and if you know me, you know that is not my scene. The other place was better and very laid back. I got a good feeling from it and it is not as expensive as the one from Monday, but it also was not so detailed and professional. We're going to sit down and decide tonight.
Who knew we even had to think of this so early? With our wedding, I was so organized with a budget and a timeline of when things had to get done, and had the same amount of time to plan- 9 mths. With this baby, I feel so disorganized and so unaware of everything we need to do and buy. I have read the baby books but maybe they haven't sunk in and I have yet to find a timeline. I am going to do some research and get myself organized...

No comments:

Post a Comment